Tuesday, January 10, 2006

looking at some old blogs...

and finding the Baba Yaga one... world has come full circle no doubt. I remember stories of Baba Yaya from when I was a very young child... my grandparents telling me that bad children would be sent to her... and seeing pictures in books of that hut with the chicken legs. You see my grandparents were children of Russians and although they didn't keep much of that culture, there were still a few stories and myths that survived... and Baba Yaga was such a strong one.
And then later, in 9th grade I had a social studies teacher who taught us Russian History and played wonderful Russian music (like Pictures at an Exhibition) while he regaled us with stories of the tzars and revolts... and Baba Yaga was again present in his stories...

And now here she is again. Like I said, full circle.

2 Comments:

At 11:39 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Great reading!

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Anita Marie Moscoso said...

Hi Rhonda
I took two years of Russian History in High School and it was time well spent. The Art, the Music the literature...it was inspiring.

You and Baba Yaga...Full Circle? Now if that's not a story begging to be told I don't know what is!
Anita Marie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home