Friday, January 13, 2006

Rhonda does the happy dance

The mail man was late today. Again. I almost didn’t think he had anything for us when we went out to dinner at 5:30 this evening. But, low and behold, there it was, half-falling out of our mailbox – The Faraway Tree Collection! It finally came!! And of course I had to leave it behind when I went to eat but now that I am home I plan on curling up on the bed, no doubt surrounded by one or more of our four cats, and reading it into the weekend. I am so excited to see what these stories are about! I got the edition that has the 3 stories in it: Enchanted Wood, Magic Faraway Tree, and Folk of the Faraway Tree. If I don’t surface for a few days, you know where to find me!

2 Comments:

At 8:59 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

How exciting Rhonda. I can only imagine the joy of first reading this delighful triology. It is so English - so quaint - such fun. Enid Blyton made an indelible impression on me at five and I have never lost the sense of wonder at finding new fantasy worlds. Savour!

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Rhonda Halushka said...

Yes it is so different from the dark Grimm's and Russian fairy tales I grew up with. I shall enjoy their adventures!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home